Monday, October 27, 2008

The Card was Rona's Heart

I can’t contain the overwhelming joy I had
For the card Rona on Teachers’ Day gave
It was the best, a most touching one
Truly a treasure even when she’ll be gone!

But it’s not the card that counts the most
It’s the thought, the love, the immeasurable cost
It’s the effort, the care, the sincerest note
It’s Rona, not the card, which counts the most!

If Rona only knew the joy she gave to me
I wonder if stars could twinkle to eternity
Rona will forever be in the bottom of my heart
Not even the strongest storm could set us apart!

You touched my life in a special way
Your thoughts, your love, your heart, your care
My Rona you are a gem yourself
A diamond so bright, so precious, it’s yourself!

Rona this poem I wrote for you
Is nothing with the card that came from you
To me the card was not the card
With it were YOU – your very HEART!