Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stressed Out

I haven't blogged for a while. I've been super busy lately with a lot of things that had piled up unnoticed. There were even moments that I had to stay wide-eyed 'til 3:00 a.m. It seems to me that my day-hours are not enough for me to accomplish the work I had to do. But I stretch any available strength I have just so I could still do what I was expected to do.

Then I realized a few things. I could work under pressure. My mind and my body could carry the stress that probably other people could find it an excuse not to do things simultaneously. While under stress, though, I noticed how my flesh would like to reject the stress that I was all so unkindly giving my body. There were tingling sensations especially in my arms, my palms, and my fingers. I could feel how the muscles began to shake as if in protest of tiredness and lack of sleep. My head, at times, would not like to function. I know I had a lot of things in my mind, but I could not put them all together. It's like a jigsaw puzzle that I had to carefully fit them together piece by piece. There were even moments that I was constructing thoughts unknowingly intertwining reality and fantasy! Whoa! I was writing scientific concepts then all of a sudden the elements in my dreams simply pop up integrated with the sentences! Poor me. Sleepless nights!

While I could work under pressure on one particular task, I can work on multitasks! You might say practically anyone can do multitasking. Perhaps. But not similar to what I've undergone for the past few days. When tasks seem to be insurmountable, they become mountains waiting to be conquered. To me, it was not like three or four or five mountains. It was a mountain range quite longer even than the Sierra Madre.

I've proven something to myself. I could be productive under stress. I was able to accomplish a lot of things simultaneously without other people even noticing that I was suffering from extreme pressures and stresses.