Sunday, December 28, 2008

Beach

We live near the sea. Just a few minutes away and we could be there. It's been quite sometime since the last time that I went there. But I remember it so well that every time that we come back home to Sanchez Mira, we would all go out for a picnic by the beach. The whole family would have a great bonding moment. I would stare at the waves as they break before reaching the shore. Wave pools? Nothing compares to our beach in Sanchez Mira. All natural.

Even as a child, I had always been fascinated by the shores of Sanchez Mira. There's not much very strong winds but the seawaves race towards the shore with all their roars and climb-sweep to the shore wiping the footprints that are left. The waves curl like the legendary Cloud 9 that surfers love to glide with. Then they break as they rush to the bank.

My kids enjoyed our Christmas interlude at the beach. Despite being so cold, they savored every splash and roll of the cool waves. It was a sight to behold, my children enjoying the same sea that I enjoyed when I was also like them.

See how they liked the water!