Saturday, April 2, 2016

25 Years Ago

On April 2, 1991, I saw the completeness of my being and my family when my wife, Sue, gave birth to Kevin Paul, in Cagayan. I was inside the Immaculate Conception Major Seminary in Guiguinto, Bulacan attending the then Secondary Education Development Program (SEDP) Orientation Seminar-Workshop.

My heart leaped with joy. My feelings were inexplicable. My spirit wanted me to go back home to Cagayan to be with them, but my seminar won't allow me.

Way back then, I still had spare money to buy my newly born Kevin a Casio Keyboard, which to my mind, might inspire him to love music as he grows.

True enough, he loves music, indeed. He excelled in it as he grew inch-by-inch. When he was a little boy, he would sing to his heart's desire. Oh, we loved to see him on stage belting out songs he knew. I was teary eyed when he sang the Psalm on his First Holy Communion in the Church.

Today, I celebrate again that same old feeling. I feel nostalgic about those good ol' days.

He is now a geologist. A professional.

But my child. My son.

Happy birthday, Kevin.