Saturday, October 25, 2008

Missing Rona

The word miss to indicate for the longing on something or on someone has become so overused especially here in the Philippines. It has become so ordinarily used that it has lost its meaning. And when you already use the word so sincerely on someone, you wouldn't know if that someone ever really reads or understands it the way you wanted to convey it.

I miss Rona. Oh so very much. She's someone I could call a 'soulmate' who knows the intricacies of my being. More than mere bestfriend. She is more than it. But don't ever think that there is a relationship way beyond friendship between the two of us. Nope. And never in my thoughts and in my wildest imaginations. It's just that Rona complemented the other missing parts of my being.

Rona is one best friend that I ever dreamt of. My spirit soared each time that she was around. I don't even have to say anything. She did not even had to say a single word. We just had to look each other in the eyes and there's peace. There's life. There's presence.

Rona is now thousands of miles abroad. She now has her own world. She has begun finding a niche of her own. From time to time, she would come home. She would send messages. But the short moments with her only makes my heart long for more. The joy is eternal. The laughters linger on. But in my heart, there's sadness. But in a way, it makes my heart long for her more. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so to speak.

If there would be someone in my deathbed aside from my own children, my wife, and my family members, I would wish it would be her. To leave would be so peaceful and blissful. Because I know, I would live in all of them, especially in Rona.

I miss Rona. And I wouldn't stop missing her. She is my anak. And I am her Dad. I am a Dad because of her. She made me a dad to everyone. And I know, she loves me the way that I am.

I am missing Rona, again. And again. And again.